August 29, 2009

my journey to america

this was my first email prior to learning how to blog ...

===
Hello Family & Friends!

This is my first email to everyone from America! I am still a little bit confused which time zone I am in, but I am working on realizing that I should be on Pacific time. Mommy & Daddy think it's ok though, since it's only Day 3 in San Jose for me.

I wanted to t
hank all of you for your prayers for Mommy, Daddy, and I while we were in Korea. My first time meeting them in person was last Friday Aug 21. It was a very short (30 minutes) , but wonderful encounter. I let both of them hold me, and didn't cry at all! I was very curious what they were saying and found them to be interesting people (i.e. I studied them with my stare). I showed off my handsome self with my favorite visor, and of course showed them how much I LOVE rice cakes!

Mommy & Daddy were apparently enjoying themselves in Seoul by roaming around the different areas, eating good food and catching some culture shows, while waiting to meet me again on Monday Aug 24. I think they felt they needed to "live it up" once last time before I turned their lives upside down :)

On Monday, I was so excited to meet them, that I didn't have my usual 10a-12p morning nap; instead I only napped for 30 minutes. Little did I understand that I should have taken my morning nap, because when I met them at 1:30p, I was ve
ry tired and cranky! I barely played with toys, and certainly was not amused by their antics. Even my favorite rice cakes didn't sooth me to the degree they usually do! I was sleepy! So between my foster mom, Mommy & Daddy, I cried and eventually feel asleep in their arms. Daddy did a good job of being my bed. By the time I completed my nap, there was only 10-15 minutes left in my visit with them! I think I showed them one smile, but mainly stared them down. Somehow I knew I would see them again soon.

My foster mom kept trying to tell Mommy & Daddy how easy going I am, but I don't think they really believed her (especially after my 2nd visit with them)! I heard they had the "whole world" praying for our flight back to America! It seemed to have worked, because I was the best kid ever on the plane ride back! I didn't fuss because they were "strangers"; I just did my regular 'thing' ... ate, played, slept! I showed them all my cool tricks -- putting objects into my mouth, standing, laughing, babbling. Then I thought I would do them a favor and sleep on my decent to San Francisco. I didn't feel the air pressure change at all (but I also did miss my first view of SF). Thank you for all your prayers! I think it helped me be on my best behavior for these 'newbie parents' who didn't really know how to change a diaper prior to me coming into their life! I even went easy on them with the diaper changes :)

My experience here in America has been so exciting, and it's only my third day! I am feeling much more comfortable in my new room and am daring to cross the boundary between my room and the hallway. I love the toys that have been given as gifts, and am trying to get used to the fact that Mommy & Daddy love taking pictures! At first I didn't really like my high chair, but when I realized I get to eat yummy foods in it, I warmed up to it very quickly :) I love bath time, and am fearless of the water as I want to show them my 3-point stand and crawling abilities while in the water. They don't seem to be too pleased when I try to do that.

The worst thing, by any stretch of the imagination, was Day 2. They took me to the Doctor to get checked-up and receive whatever shots I haven't already had. I was poked a total of FOUR times -- each leg and each arm -- can you believe that?? I let EVERYONE know I was NOT pleased by yelling & screaming as loud as I possibly could! I quickly forgave Mommy & Daddy though because they helped me understand it was for my health :) Lucky for them, I have short term memory.

I still don't understand much English, but am working on it every day. I figure I will start by learning my new name -- "Tobe" (pronoun
ced Toby), which is the short form of Tobias. To help me learn more English and get me going here in America, I have setup my very own email address (TobeQuan@gmail.com) so that you can write to me personally! Please do write!! ... oh, my parents didn't tell you I am a genius?? Yes, not only am I cute, pudgy (73 percentile in weight), tall (96 percentile in length) and easy going, I am born genius (99.5 percentile head circumference)!!!

Finally, here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure! Enjoy!


You are invited to view m&t Q's photo album: 2009-08 My Journey to America
2009-08 My Journey to America
Aug 19, 2009
by m&t Q


The world has yet to know of my existence, so after I get my announcement card out, I will write more. Yes, I am a 'yapper'.


Love,
Baby Tobe

No comments: